ICAA Virtual Fall Power Hour Workshop!
Wednesday, December 7 at Noon, EST, one hour
Here is little about our exciting presentation:
How aware are we of our circles of influence? We recommend pet groomers, movies and dining establishments to friends; we give “suggestions” to our children, parents, employees; and we make decisions and provide input on matters in our careers and communities constantly. While the boundaries for spreading influence seem to be limitless, what messages are we sending? How can we be more mindful in our communication? This session will focus on becoming intentional leaders through effective communication, optimism, and positive perspective. Intentional leadership involves being conscious of the types of influence we have and can grow, how and when to utilize our influence, and how our own values, beliefs, and programming affect our communication and ultimately our leadership styles. In this session, we will be discussing ways in which all of this plus an optimistic outlook and positive perspective enhance our ability to become intentional leaders.
- Amanda Riess is an Account Manager at Clemans, Nelson & Associates, Inc., assisting employers with human resource issues, trainings, internal investigations, compensation plans, and many other matters. Prior to joining Clemans Nelson in 2020, Amanda was a successful litigation attorney in Illinois for 14 years. She received a Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University and a B.A. in Speech Communications from Otterbein University. Amanda is co-chair of the Northwest Ohio E-Chapter of WELD.
- Kelly E. Babcock is a Director and Regional Manager for the Columbus Regional Office of Clemans Nelson & Associates, a Management Consulting firm. Kelly has experience representing clients in employment actions before various administrative agencies, including the Industrial Commission of Ohio, Unemployment Review Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and State Personnel Board of Review, as well as in federal and state court actions. Kelly is also experienced in labor negotiations, arbitrations, regulatory compliance, civil rights, and personnel management. She regularly advises clients and conducts training regarding compliance with the ADA, FLSA, FMLA, drug and alcohol testing, and sexual harassment. Kelly received her J.D. from Capital University College of Law and her B.A. in Business Communications from Otterbein College.
Log into your ICAA account and click here to register for the event.
Do you know the most clicked page on the ICAA website is job postings? Check out current opportunities at ICAA membership institutions here. Institutions with current memberships can post openings anytime.
Exciting News from Baldwin Wallace!
- Madeline Wallace is now BW's Director of Alumni Engagement
- BW welcomes Kristen Glazer as Senior Philanthropy Advisor.
- Lisa Judge is now Senior Philanthropy Advisor.
ICAA thanks the following institutions for recently renewing their memberships. It’s great to have you back on the roster!